Sunday, June 28, 2015

Witnessing Sean 许益凯 Celebrating 21 At Kobe

I was privileged to be invited by the bosses of Kobe, a newly-opened, huge Japanese feasting hangout at its new residence at Nihonkan Club, Jalan Ampang.


And was privileged to bump into many young and talented singers from the Astro Star Quest 2014 who were having a birthday celebration for Sean 许益凯.

It is what we call 缘分 (yuan fen) - fate -- because I have friends who work closely with them, and through youtube & TV,  I recognize their talent.


From left: Uriah 徐凯, I, Sean 许益凯, Ron 彭世豪
It was a sweet time witnessing the sweet and clever table deco that Sean's friends and family had put up for him on his 21st birthday, a huge difference compared to my own humble 21st at home. 



It was interesting to see fine dining Japanese food being prepared. An earnest work of delicious art!



I heard it was an 8-course Japanese dinner. Me never go out too much. So it was interesting to hear about the creative ways of doing business and serving food. 







It's a pretty casual and special atmosphere to eat in the cool breeze of the night beside the little pool in Kobe. It was a great chance to taste such refine Japanese dishes and have a few Asahi's in between, really a rare delight for me.

The edamames, just peas in the pod, can make a dish look so elegant.
After a full, hearty meal of vegetables, seafood and meat, it was a time for more cheers before cutting the cake. The entire restaurant joined in the celebration. 

The whole gang line up for a photo memory
Fireworks to celebrate the shooting up of a boy's career
Ron's 11-year-old cousin, up to his tricks and his best entertaining self.
I think he may grow up to be an entertaining MC or talkshow host.

Worthy to mention is this song by Sean. Not many know the story behind it. 
Sean 许益凯【听见爱】 MV 完整版
 


My good friend, Eugene, decided that he would set a challenge to himself to achieve something in his life. From the very start, he and I set our minds on having the positive Qi, and he set about telling me that he just decided to do something which would be a success. 

Without any experience doing something like this before, he boldly initiated the project of getting a song composed with Sean in mind for Astro's Parents' Day campaign. I spent many hours listening to him talk on and on about this wonderful song, listening and smiling by himself, enjoying this song, and about the marketing that he had a hand in. At the time of writing, this song has hit No. 4 on MYFM radio charts.




Skip to minute 4:04 to see Uriah's winning performance at the 2014 International Chinese New Talent Singing Championship in Hong Kong.

My pleasure to have known Mr & Mrs Leong, who are the most excited, energetic and gracious-hearted people I have met, and who truly love music and entertainment with all their beings.
Bosses of Kobe, Mr & Mrs Leong, congratulating Sean.
As I focused my wishes on meeting like-minded people, to keep on loving the idea of creating music, promoting talent and continue floating in the storms of showbiz which has been my entire life's journey, I am led to shore to sweet surprises I have never tasted. Mr Leong & Xian Hui, are a couple who have shown me an example of "follow your bliss."

No comments: